Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rempel Family Meatloaf

I don't know the Rempel's but I do know they make some kick butt meatloaf. I'm not a huge fan of the meat in loaf form but this is really good. I think it's the A1 that makes the difference! Pair with some fried onions and taters, corn and buttered bread. Perfect meal.

Rempel Family Meatloaf

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup crushed buttery round crackers (Ritz) Don't use regular Saltines, yuck
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (1oz) package dry onion soup mix (Liptons is best)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbs 'A1' steak sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir the ground beef, crushed crackers, cheese and onion soup mix in a large bowl  until well combined. Whisk the eggs, ketchup & steak sauce in a seperate bowl until smooth. Mix the egg mixture into the meat until evenly combined, if the mixture seems to dry, add a little water. Press into 9x5 inch loaf pan. I spread a bit of ketchup on top of the meat before placing in the oven.

Bake in preheated oven until the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees and is no longer pink in the center. 45-60 minutes. I personally do not own a meat thermometer so I just slice into the meatloaf and check it that way. I also like to make mini meatloaves by using a muffin pan and making large balls of meat and placing in the pan. These will cook a little faster so check them after about 30 minutes.

I could not find a picture of this so I guess I'll just have to make some later this week! Check back for a picture!

Recipe Source: allrecipes.com

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I take credit for the request! I'm making it tonight.

    ReplyDelete